Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The Wonderful World of Felt

I absolutely love the way felt crafts look.  I've wanted to try to make some of my own but I had always thought all felt was made out of wool.  Being vegan I don't use wool (or anything else from animals) so I thought that would be one craft I wouldn't be able to do.  Well, last week I discovered synthetic felt (why didn't I think of that sooner) and last night I finally ordered some from Fuzzy Fish on Etsy.  I'm very excited to start some projects so I decided to do a little research and look around for some ideas so that I'm ready to start as soon as I receive my package of felt.  Here's a bit of what I found.

 
Felt leaf picture from Fire Horse Textiles 

Felt Bird from nonsuch and her flickr page bebe nonsuch's photostream.


All four pictures above were found on APPLIQUE-designedbyjane's photostream on flickr or check out her blog Applique (a must see).


 
Felt owl key ring from Essie's Handcraft Cuteness 



Felt monsters by  Odds & Blobbs.

I could go on for pages and pages showing felt projects.  There are so many wonderful creations to be discovered.

No comments:

Post a Comment